Pre-sowing • Trellis
4.65 out of 5 stars
Free delivery from € 30
In the app
Sowing: 25 March - 30 April
0 - 7 days
plants are repotted
first day hardened-off
hardened-off 2 days
hardened-off 3 days
hardened-off 4 days
hardened-off 5 days
at final location
plant hits trellis
at the trellis
first tomatoes visible
end of season
Height: 180 cm
Package quantity: 10 seeds
- Currently only shipping to the Netherlands and Belgium
- Choose your preferred delivery date
- Sent by PostNL or Transmission
- Track & Trace in your inbox
- The app helps you with almost everything you do in your vegetable garden: sowing, tending, and harvesting.
- If something goes wrong, the app tells you what steps to take.
- If that doesn’t work, you can ask us for advice.
- If that still doesn’t help, we’ll look for other solutions together. Until we get it right.
Climbing cherry tomato
Tomatoes are summer vegetables, so they love the heat. Choose a square patch in your garden box by the trellis with lots of sun and protection from the wind.
- Species name: Sweety
- Family: nightshade
- Plants per square patch: 1
- Height: up to 180 cm
- Pre-sowing: end of March to mid-April
- Time to harvest: after 16 weeks
- Germination time: about 21°C in 7 - 10 days
- Sunlight: needs sun, shelter from the wind, and a trellis
MM-Klimmers: Climbers seed pack
What's so special about our tomato?
You'll love the huge harvests because cherry tomatoes are delicious. And this variety is super sweet.
Sowing and growing
So, start your tomato plants indoors. You pre-sow them from the end of March to mid-April. Once they’re strong enough, you move them outside at the end of May. This species can grow up to 2 meters tall, so it needs a trellis nearby.
Tomatoes use a lot of nutrients. Give them some extra MM-Plantfood when you plant them and add some more in mid-July.
Tomatoes also produce side shoots, which grow between the leaves and the main stem. They’re also known as ‘suckers’ because they drain a lot of energy from the rest of your plant. To avoid this, cut off the suckers early on.
Step-by-step sowing and growing instructions are in the Planty Gardening app.
How do you use tomatoes?
Pick ripe tomatoes right off the plant. The stem breaks easily when they're ready. Or, use scissors and cut them from the stems.
Tomatoes can be used raw or cooked. They're delicious in salads, sauces, soups and stir fries.