4.7 out of 5 stars
Free delivery from € 30
- Currently only shipping to the Netherlands and Belgium
- Choose your preferred delivery date
- Sent by PostNL or Transmission
- Track & Trace in your inbox
- The app helps you with almost everything you do in your vegetable garden: sowing, tending, and harvesting.
- If something goes wrong, the app tells you what steps to take.
- If that doesn’t work, you can ask us for advice.
- If that still doesn’t help, we’ll look for other solutions together. Until we get it right.
Pre-sowing with MM-Airpotjes
Ordinary pots with potting soil won’t get the same results. And it’s easier than trying to work with just Vermiculite and containers.
The MM-Airpots have small holes along the sides. (They're also called net pots). As soon as a root gets close to them it stops growing. This is called air-pruning.
Your plant then creates new, healthy roots and forms a solid root system.
The result? Your plants grow faster and are sturdier. You don’t need to repot them as quickly and they have less trouble when you move them out to your raised bed or grow bag.
And! Our air pots are made from recycled plastic.
- Combine 1 part Vermiculite and 1 part MM-Mix
- Pour in just enough water so it sticks together
- Fill the MM-Airpots with the mixture and press it down lightly
- Poke a hole(s) in the mix
- Put in a seed and cover it up
- Put the air pot in a bowl or dish to catch excess water
- Put it in a warm spot
With this way of pre-sowing, you sow directly into the pot and you don't have to transfer the seedlings from the vermiculite to another pot. This saves material and is a little less work. Always in favor of that :-)
Plus, you can reuse these air pots over and over again. They’re also made of recycled plastic.