Pre-sowing • Trellis
4.7 out of 5 stars
Free delivery from € 30
In the app
Sowing: 25 April - 31 May
0 - 3 days
first day hardened-off
hardened-off 2 days
Hardened-off 3 days
Hardened-off 4 days
Hardened-off 5 days
at final spot
little plants at trellis
About 20 cm
Height: 200 cm <
Contents: 6 seeds
- Currently only shipping to the Netherlands and Belgium
- Choose your preferred delivery date
- Sent by PostNL or Transmission
- Track & Trace in your inbox
- The app helps you with almost everything you do in your vegetable garden: sowing, tending, and harvesting.
- If something goes wrong, the app tells you what steps to take.
- If that doesn’t work, you can ask us for advice.
- If that still doesn’t help, we’ll look for other solutions together. Until we get it right.
This variety produces a lot and the cucumbers never get bitter. They’re smooth, seedless, and delicious.
- Species name: Iznik
- Family: fruit
- Plants per square patch: 2 at the trellis
- Height: Up to 200 cm
- Sowing time: end of April to end of May
- Germination time: between 20 and 25°C in 5 to 7 days
- Time to bloom: 9 to 10 weeks
- Sunlight: needs a sunny spot protected from the wind
What's so special about our cucumber?
It does well outdoors as well as in a greenhouse, producing many smooth 10-12 cm long cucumbers. Seedless and delicious.
Sowing and growing
2 plants fit in 1 square patch. You’ll put them at the back of your garden box near the trellis so they can climb. The cucumber plants make long tendrils that you'll weave through the trellis net.
Cucumbers need a lot of nutrients. Give them some extra MM-Plantfood when you move them outdoors, and add some more in mid-July.
Cucumbers don’t do well right next to a patch of tomatoes, onions, or chives. So always plant another vegetable variety between them.
Step-by-step sowing and growing instructions are in the Planty Gardening app.
How do you use cucumber?
Sour cucumber salad is popular in the Netherlands, but you can do so much more. Think Greek tzatziki, cucumber soup, or a cucumber stew with potatoes, onion, and minced meat.
No peeling necessary: the skin is thin and full of vitamins.