4.65 out of 5 stars
Temporarily 50% discount
Free delivery from € 30
In the app
Sowing: 25 March - 30 April
0 - 7 days
plants are repotted
first day hardened-off
Hardened-off 2 days
Hardened-off 3 days
Hardened-off 4 days
Hardened-off 5 days
at final location
first tomatoes visible
end of season
Height: 30-45 cm
Contents: 10 seeds
- Currently only shipping to the Netherlands and Belgium
- Choose your preferred delivery date
- Sent by PostNL or Transmission
- Track & Trace in your inbox
- The app helps you with almost everything you do in your vegetable garden: sowing, tending, and harvesting.
- If something goes wrong, the app tells you what steps to take.
- If that doesn’t work, you can ask us for advice.
- If that still doesn’t help, we’ll look for other solutions together. Until we get it right.
Tomatoes are true summer vegetables that need lots of warm weather. So pick a sunny spot for your plant, either in the middle of your garden box or in an MM-Mini.
- Species name: cherry tomato Gourmandise Yellow
- Family: nightshade
- Plants per square patch: 1
- Height: 30 - 45 cm
- Sowing time: mid-March until end of April. Plant outside mid-May.
- Position: 2nd and 3rd row of your garden box. Also ideal for the MM-Mini grow bag.
- Time to harvest: After 16 weeks
Germination: 20°C in 6 - 10 days
- Sunlight: Needs a sunny spot protected from the wind
Specials seed collection
What's so special about our yellomato?
Sowing and growing
So, start your yellomato plants indoors. You pre-sow them from the end of March to mid-April. Once they’re strong enough, you move them outside (around May 20).
Tomatoes need a lot of nutrients. Give them some extra MM-Plantfood when you plant them, and add some more in mid-July.
This variety only grows to about 40 cm tall. Unlike other tomatoes, you don’t need to remove the side branches (suckers). When the fruits ripen, just remove any leaves that are blocking their sun.
Yellomatoes remain white-green for a long time and then slowly fade to bright yellow. That's when you know they're ripe.
Step-by-step sowing and growing instructions are in the Planty Gardening app.
How do you use yellomatoes?
Pluck ripe tomatoes right off the plant. The stem breaks easily when they're ready. Or, use scissors and cut them off.
Tomatoes can be used raw or cooked. They're delicious in salads, sauces, soups, and stir fries.