4.8 out of 5 stars
Free delivery from € 30
In the app
Sowing: 1 August - 15 September, 1 March - 30 April
seeds are sown
0 - 7 days
first leave harvest
first turnip harvest
Height: 40 cm
Contents: 1 gram
- Currently only shipping to the Netherlands and Belgium
- Choose your preferred delivery date
- Sent by PostNL or Transmission
- Track & Trace in your inbox
- The app helps you with almost everything you do in your vegetable garden: sowing, tending, and harvesting.
- If something goes wrong, the app tells you what steps to take.
- If that doesn’t work, you can ask us for advice.
- If that still doesn’t help, we’ll look for other solutions together. Until we get it right.
- Species: Flat White May
- Family: cruciferous
- Plants per square patch: 9
- Height: 25-40 cm
- Sowing time: March to April and August to mid-September
- Sowing depth: 0.5 to 1 cm
- Germination: 10 - 25°C in 7 - 14 days
- Time to harvest: leaves after 5 weeks, turnips after 10 weeks
- Sunlight: can grow in sun or partial shade
Want to buy turnip seeds? We sell seed bags separately, or, you can get them as part of a seed pack:
Turnips are super healthy: rich in vitamin C and packed with calcium, vitamin K and magnesium.
Moral of the story? Eat the turnip greens and the turnip itself. They're both delicious too.