4.65 out of 5 stars
Free delivery from € 30
In the app
Sowing: 1 September - 15 October, 1 April - 15 July
seeds are sown
0 - 6 days
Height: 60-80 cm
Weight: 0.5 grams
- Currently only shipping to the Netherlands and Belgium
- Choose your preferred delivery date
- Sent by PostNL or Transmission
- Track & Trace in your inbox
- The app helps you with almost everything you do in your vegetable garden: sowing, tending, and harvesting.
- If something goes wrong, the app tells you what steps to take.
- If that doesn’t work, you can ask us for advice.
- If that still doesn’t help, we’ll look for other solutions together. Until we get it right.
This kale variety grows upward like a palm tree. It doesn't need nearly as much space as other kales. It's bright yellow flowers are an extra treat in spring.
- Species name: Nero di Toscane
- Family: cruciferous
- Number of plants per square patch: 1
- Height: up to 80 cm
- Sowing time: April - mid-July and September to mid-October
- Sowing depth: 0.5 cm
- Germination: 7 to 23°C in 5 to 12 days
- Time to harvest: after 6 weeks
- Sunlight: can grow in sun or shade
Basic seed collection
What's so special about our dino kale?
Sowing and growing dino kale
Leave dino kale in your Planty Garden all year long if you like. You can continue to harvest the whole time. The plants can survive harsh winters and start flowering in early spring: great for the first bees and butterflies. After it flowers, it's time to say goodbye.
Extra info: You can pre-sow dino kale in March under glass or in a cold greenhouse. Not on the windowsill: that's way too warm. Then it won't be able to handle the transition outdoors.
Step-by-step sowing and growing instructions are included in the Planty Gardening app.