4.85 out of 5 stars
Free delivery from € 30
In the app
Sowing: 15 April - 31 July
seeds are sown
0 - 14 days
Height: 30-70 cm
Content: 0,5 gram
- Currently only shipping to the Netherlands and Belgium
- Choose your preferred delivery date
- Sent by PostNL or Transmission
- Track & Trace in your inbox
- The app helps you with almost everything you do in your vegetable garden: sowing, tending, and harvesting.
- If something goes wrong, the app tells you what steps to take.
- If that doesn’t work, you can ask us for advice.
- If that still doesn’t help, we’ll look for other solutions together. Until we get it right.
More about our Dill seeds
In the app we grow dill for the leaves. But if you let the plants flower, you can eventually harvest the seeds as well.
- Species name: Dill 'Nano'
- Family: Leaf
- Plants per square patch: 4
- Height: 30 to 70 cm
- Sowing: mid April - July
- Sowing depth: 0,5 - 1 cm
- Germination: 20°C in 15 to 25 days
- Time to harvest: from 9-10 weeks
- Sunlight: grows best in a sunny place
Our dill flowers much later. The seeds grow compact plants that produce abundant leaves, even when blooming. So you can harvest leaves from that all season long.
Four plants fit in a patch, but when they reach maturity, the space is quite tight. Therefore, you should harvest the leaves regularly.
In a cold spring, you can cover the seeds and small plants at night with the MM-muts to help them emerge and grow faster.
Step-by-step sowing and growing instructions for Dill are in our app.
A few ideas:
- as a garnish for soups or roasted vegetables
- in cold (cucumber) salads
- in potato salads or on baked or roasted potatoes
- with smoked salmon
- in yogurt dips such as tzatziki
- to season fish, lamb or egg dishes
- in all kinds of (dip) sauces, marinades or salad dressings
- to flavor potato, chicken or tuna salads
Use dill leaves primarily in cold dishes, as it quickly loses its delicious flavor when heated.