4.75 out of 5 stars
Free delivery from € 30
In the app
Sowing: 25 March - 30 April
0 - 7 days
plants are repotted
first day hardened-off
hardened-off 2 days
hardened-off 3 days
hardened-off 4 days
Hardened-off 5 days
at final location
first tomatoes visible
end of season
Height: 80 cm
Contents: 0.25 grams
- Currently only shipping to the Netherlands and Belgium
- Choose your preferred delivery date
- Sent by PostNL or Transmission
- Track & Trace in your inbox
- The app helps you with almost everything you do in your vegetable garden: sowing, tending, and harvesting.
- If something goes wrong, the app tells you what steps to take.
- If that doesn’t work, you can ask us for advice.
- If that still doesn’t help, we’ll look for other solutions together. Until we get it right.
The tomatoes grow to about 5 - 7 cm in diameter. They've got an old-fashioned tomato taste: not too sweet but very tasty.
Species name: Balcony tomato 'Maya’
Want to buy bush tomato seeds? We sell seed bags separately, or, you can get them as part of a seed pack:
So, start your bush tomato plants indoors. You pre-sow them inside from the end of March to mid-April. Once they’re strong enough, you move them outside (around May 20).
Bush tomatoes need a lot of nutrients. Give them some extra MM-Plantfood when you plant them in your garden box, and add some more in mid-July.
Unlike other tomatoes, you don’t need to remove the side shoots (suckers): you want your plants to get nice bushy. When the tomato fruits ripen, just remove any leaves that are blocking their sun.
Bush tomatoes stay white-green for a while, then slowly fade to bright red. That means they’re ready to eat.
Step-by-step sowing and growing instructions are included in the Planty Gardening app.
Pluck your ripe tomatoes right off the plant. The stem breaks easily when they're ready. Or, use scissors and cut them from the stems. If you leave them hanging too long, they’ll get soft and mealy.