4.7 out of 5 stars
Free delivery from € 30
In the app
Sowing: 16 April - 31 August
seeds are sowed
0 - 6 days
first leave harvest
first beets harvest
Height: 20-35 cm
Weight: 2 grams
- Currently only shipping to the Netherlands and Belgium
- Choose your preferred delivery date
- Sent by PostNL or Transmission
- Track & Trace in your inbox
- The app helps you with almost everything you do in your vegetable garden: sowing, tending, and harvesting.
- If something goes wrong, the app tells you what steps to take.
- If that doesn’t work, you can ask us for advice.
- If that still doesn’t help, we’ll look for other solutions together. Until we get it right.
- Species name: Kogel 2
- Family: root
- Plants per square patch: 9
- Height: 25 to 35 cm
- Sowing time: mid-April through the end of August
- Sowing depth: 1 - 1.5 cm
- Germination: 12 and 18°C in 5 to 7 days
- Time to harvest: after 9 to 10 weeks
- Sunlight: the more sun there is, the sweeter the beets will be
MM-Basis: Essential seed pack
What's so special about beets?
Sowing and growing beets
Beet seeds are actually little nuggets that contain 3-5 seeds each. If they all sprout, you'll have way too many seedlings. Cut off the extras just along the soil mix to thin them out. You don't want to uproot them: if you pull one up, you'll pull the rest up with it.
Step-by-step sowing and growing instructions are included in the Planty Gardening app.