Asian salad mix
4.65 out of 5 stars
Free delivery from € 30
In the app
Sowing: 1 April - 31 August
seeds are sown
0 - 7 days
plants are (too) old
Height: 15-25 cm
Contents: 1 gram
- Currently only shipping to the Netherlands and Belgium
- Choose your preferred delivery date
- Sent by PostNL or Transmission
- Track & Trace in your inbox
- The app helps you with almost everything you do in your vegetable garden: sowing, tending, and harvesting.
- If something goes wrong, the app tells you what steps to take.
- If that doesn’t work, you can ask us for advice.
- If that still doesn’t help, we’ll look for other solutions together. Until we get it right.
Asian salad mix
You pick the leaves when they’re still young, and leave the center of the plants so they produce more. You can keep harvesting into the fall.
- Species name: Salad Mix Exotic
- Family: cruciferous
- Plants per square patch: 9
- Height: 15 to 25 cm
- Sowing time: April - August
- Sowing depth: 0.5 to 1 cm
- Seed time: between 10 and 20°C in 6 to 10 days
- Time to harvest: after 3 to 6 weeks
- Sunlight: can grow in sun or shade
MM-Seizoens: Seasonal seed pack
What's so special about our Asian salad mix?
Watch out for snails and caterpillars in summer: they love the young plants.
Sowing and growing
The young leaves are tastiest, so don’t let your plants grow too big. But if you want to experiment, at the end of the season you can let some of the Asian salad mix varieties grow. A few of them can get really big will be able to handle the cold. These ones are great for stir fries.
Step-by-step sowing and growing instructions are included in the Planty Gardening app.
How do you use Asian salad mix?
Cut or pick the leaves close to the ground. As long as you leave the center of the plants, leaves will grow back.
Don't let the plants get too big: the young leaves are tastiest. If you do let a few grow, the larger leaves are also delicious in stir fries.